- This event has passed.
Free Informative and Interactive Seminar by The Virginia Fair Housing
February 11 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Virginia Fair Housing Office will offer a FREE informative and interactive two hour Zoom seminar taught by Mahalia “Mally” Dryden-Mason, Fair Housing Training Specialist on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 5pm – 7pm. Mally is approved by the Real Estate Board and the Fair Housing Board as a course provider whose seminars meet the requirements for real estate continuing and post license education, and fair housing certification. Board and Fair Housing Board.”
Participants will gain knowledge on the following topics:
• The History of the Virginia Fair Housing Law
• The Exemptions in the Law
• Restrictive Covenants and Retaliation
• What Is A Protected Class?
• Explanation of Each Protected Class: Race, Color, Familial Status, Sex, National Origin, Religion, Elderliness, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Gender Identity and Source of Income
• Fair Housing for Persons with Disabilities
• Accessibility (Construction) under Fair Housing
• Unlawful Discriminatory Housing Practices
• Fair Housing and The Housing Providers
• Other Regulated (Housing Related) Transactions
• Disparate Impact as a Standard of Fair Housing
• Fair Housing Updates
• Examples of Actual Fair Housing Cases
There will be questions and answers throughout the session. Participants completing the seminar will be e-mailed a Certificate of Completion. Individuals who complete the class are also eligible for continuing education/post-licensure credit requirements.
Anyone involved with housing would benefit from the seminar (Housing Developers • Builders • Architects • Engineers • Real Estate Agents & Brokers • Leasing Agents • Landlords • Hobby Landlords • Mortgage Companies • Insurance Companies • Appraisers • Manufactured Housing Providers • Homeowner’s Associations • Housing-Related Grant
Counselors • Case Workers • GENERAL PUBLIC.
This seminar is being hosted by the Eastern Shore of Virginia Landlord Association and the Center for Community & Family Development, Inc. To register or get additional information, please call 757-710-8835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.